Teething? WE LOVE THAT, a baby having two little side-to-side teeth is SUPER ULTRA CUTE!! But for the baby, it’s a bit painful ☹
Signs That Your Little Squishy Is Teething:
- Swollen and sensitive gum
- Part of the tooth visible below the gum
- Irritability or fussiness
- Trouble sleeping
- Trying to bite, chew, and suck everything
- Loss of appetite
In Case one of these symptoms lasted more than 24 hours contact your doctor: diarrhea, fever, high temperature (about 38), vomiting or running nose.
To comfort your teething baby, you can:
- Rub your baby’s gums: Use your finger or a sterilized cloth to rub your baby’s gum.
- Keep it cool: A cold washcloth, spoon or chilled teething ring can be soothing on a baby’s gums. However, don’t offer your baby a frozen teething ring.
- Dry the drool: Keep a clean cloth to dry your baby’s drool to prevent skin irritation.
- Teething Toys: Give your baby teething toys. They are capable of comforting and entertaining him. Make sure the toys are sterilized.
Make sure you form a dental care routine for your baby that includes:
- Checking on your child’s teeth every day for brown spots.
- Cleaning his tooth by a suitable baby toothbrush or wet face cloth.
- Use digestible, all-natural toothpaste.
~ Safaa Bou Hadeer